Step by Step instructions to leave a review on etsy
- To access your Etsy account, log in to your account, and then click the Your Account link that appears along the top of every Etsy page.
- On the drop down menu, click on Purchases and Reviews
- The Items Awaiting Feedback appears when the Feedback page loads.
- Under the product you want to review, click the click on the Review button
- Choose how many stars you wish to award the product
- Write your review – more details on what to write can be found at the bottom of this post
- If you wearing the item you purchased, a picture of the item in its new home, or just something ridiculous to make your seller laugh. On Etsy, appreciation images are a terrific way to show some love! Simply click the Browse option, then locate and select the appropriate appreciation photo from your PC / Mac
- Click “Post your review”
How to write a review on Etsy Video Instructions
The official instructions for leaving a review on Etsy
What to write in an Etsy review?
Your review should be helpful to both the shop owner and future buyers. So write with them in mind.
So here are a few tips for writing a review that will help others:
1. Don’t be afraid to give bad news! If the seller was late with your order and didn’t inform you, don’t hold back & say so in your review. Or if there was damage on arrival or the item wasn’t as described tell them. The only thing worse than finding out after purchase is never knowing until it’s too late! Please note that it’s really important to contact the seller before writing a review if you have a problem. If you do not give them the chance to make amends then you will not accurately be portraying their customer’s service.
2) Give plenty of detail about what you liked/disliked about their products. People are more likely to buy a product that has been well-reviewed especially if they have similar needs to the one that inspired you to purchase the product.
3) If the product arrived damaged or defective in some way, be sure to make mention of it & give a detailed account. This will help not only future customers who are looking for reviews about the seller’s products but also other sellers so they can see what might have caused the defect and work to improve their own quality control.
4) Be honest! People buying from Etsy want to know the true story behind each item especially if they’re spending good money on it.
5), Lastly be polite & patient with your words! You may have experienced problems with an order but that doesn’t mean you need to come across as hateful or uncaring with your review- keep your cool.
When you can not review a product
Did you know that sometimes you can not leave a review on Etsy? If you follow the instructions above, but still do not find the product there are a number of reasons why. Let’s explore them:
- You bought the item as a guest – You can still write a review, but before you do that you need to claim the review to YOUR etsy account. Follow these official instructions to claim your product oder
- You only have 100 days from the expected delivery date. So if you bought a product and a year later it broken in to pieces, I’m afraid you can not leave a review for it. This is unlike how Amazon review work
- There can not be an open case on the order. Ie if you’re settling a dispute, then while that dispute is open you can not leave a review. Once the case is closed it’s review writing time!
- Have you cancelled or voided your transaction? If so during the cancellation processing time you can write a review. Once the cancellation is complete the review window has closed!
Do I have to leave an Etsy review?
No review is required – you can leave a review if you’d like. If you’re unhappy with an item you bought, you should first contact the store and ask them to respond. Store owners are interested in your thoughts, and it benefits their business to know what works, and what doesn’t.
What if I’m asked to change the star review rating on Etsy?
When it comes to negative reviews in their store, shop owners are understandably concerned; after all, they reflect negatively on them as business owners and shop keepers.
If you have left a negative review and the shop owner has resolved the situation to your satisfaction, the shop owner would greatly appreciate it if you could change your review to reflect the favorable resolution. Some store owners may approach you and ask you to change your review, but you are under no obligation to do so.
Can the Etsy seller have my review removed?
If the shop owner believes that the complaint is out of their control, they have the right to have your review removed. For example, if the item was lost in the mail, if the item was left in the wrong location, or if the item was damaged in the mail, the seller is not liable under these circumstances. i.e., it was devoured by the dog
But, I would still recommend giving an honest review. If the item is late in shipping (for whatever reason), be sure to mention this. It’s very important for buyers and sellers alike to know that they can rely on each other. Also, even if you don’t like the transaction or service, if it’s not a bad experience, try your best not to include any negativity. For example: “The seller was great until they shipped a package with missing parts without letting me know beforehand.” You get the drift- we all make mistakes sometimes – let’s keep it positive 🙂
All review sites have guidelines where a review will be removed if the rules are violated. Etsy’s rules are here:
They list the following as the type of scenarios where a review will be removed:
- Contain private information
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery
- Violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims
- Contain advertising or spam
- Are only about things outside the seller’s control, such as a delivery carrier (mentioned by name), Etsy, or a third party
- Contain threats or extortion
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score. I have no idea what ‘shilling’ is – it sounds like a word from the 17th century.
Can I edit my Etsy Review?
There is a 100 day review period that you have to edit your review, after that date that your order was expected to arrive. If you have a support case open, then while the case is open you can not alter the review.